This article will discuss how to setup Ledger Nano X Hardware Wallet. Ledger Nano X Hardware Wallet is a hardware-based crypto wallet where investors and traders can conveniently store their assets.
What Can Be Done With a Ledger Nano X
Investors and traders who intend on using the Ledger Nano X Hardware can use this wallet for the storage and protection of their crypto-asset and diverse NFT collectibles.
Also, the wallet can be used as a suitable platform for managing and investing your crypto asset anytime you intend to do so.
Ledger Nano X Supported Coins
Some of the supported coins on ledger Nano X include:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- XRP/Ripple (XRP)
- USD Tether (ERC 20)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Polkadot (DOT)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Tezos (XTZ)
- Stellar (XLM)
- Link Chainlink (LINK)
How to Setup Ledger Nano X
Investors and traders need to set up a Ledger Nano X as a new device to get started, Ledger Nano X would generate private keys, and you would need to save them in a safe place. Below are the steps to take in setting the Ledger Nano X.
Setup as New Device
- Press the button next to the USB port until the Ledger logo appears to turn on the device. Keep pressing until you access the bootloader menu, then power off and restart the device.
- Follow the displayed information, left to proceed and right to go back. Press the right and left buttons simultaneously to set up a new device.
Choose Your PIN Code
- Ensure to press both buttons when the option “Choose PIN Code” appears.
- Confirm your pin, which should be between 4 to 8 digits.
Save Your Recovery Phrase
Your 24-word recovery phrase will show up on the Ledger Nano X screen.
- Tap the recovery sheet provided in the box.
- Once “Write Down Your Recovery Phrase” appears, ensure to press both the left and right buttons of the Ledger Nano X Hardware.
- Write each word following #1 to #24. Once copied, ensure to press the right button to reveal the next option.
- Then press both buttons on the last screen to proceed.
- Once “Confirm Your Recovery Phrase” is shown, ensure to press both buttons.
- Enter the word in exact accordance as given while pressing each word, press both buttons to validate, and repeat until your entire recovery phrase is confirmed.
- Now that “Your Device is Ready” is shown, it confirms that the setup has been successful.
How to use Pancakeswap on Trust Wallet – Step by Step Guide
How to Sell Crypto on Trust Wallet to a Bank Account: 7 Easy Steps
How to Import Trust Wallet to MetaMask – A Step by Step Guide
How to Buy Coin on Uniswap with Trust Wallet
How to Store Crypto on Ledger Nano X
Investors and traders must download, install, and start using the Ledger Nano X app online. After setting up the wallet on the hardware device, go to the dashboard, and on your mobile device, you will need to connect the Nano X and pair it to your hardware.
Ensure your Bluetooth is on and search for the specific device, then click pair. To store your crypto asset to the Ledger Nano X, open the Ledger live. Here you would need to download the app of the specific crypto asset you intend to store on Ledger Nano X.
After the download, go to the account and click on “Receive” since you want to deposit your asset to the Ledger Nano X.
You will get an address for the specific crypto asset you intend to deposit to the Ledger Nano X. Copy this address and go to the exchange platform where the asset is stored.
Then click on withdraw, click on the external wallet, click on the option to add copied address, and select the cryptocurrency.
Paste the crypto asset’s address, select wallet ledger, click the specific asset, click on transfer, and choose wallet address.
After this procedure, wait for the transaction to be confirmed successfully. Head back to the ledger app and refresh to see if your asset has been deposited successfully.
How to Use Ledger Nano X With Metamask
Below are the steps to be taken if you intend on using the Ledger Nano X with MetaMask.
- Connect your Ledger Nano using a USB to your computer. Also, open the MetaMask on your mobile browser.
- Click on the menu on the right and select “Connect Hardware Wallet.”
- Click on “Continue,” and MetaMask will search for a ledger device connected to your computer.
- Once it notices your wallet, you would be required to select a ledger account that you intend to connect to MetaMask.
- Click on “Ethereum App,” go to settings and turn on “Blind Signing.”
- Go to the metamask window, go to settings and click on advanced settings, scroll and turn on “WebHID,” you are now ready to use Ledger Nano X with MetaMask.
Setting up your Ledger Nano X Hardware Wallet is easy, and you can do this effortlessly by sticking to the above-discussed steps.
We hope this article will enable you to set up your Ledger Nano X Hardware Wallet. Kindly visit our comment section for all your questions and clarifications.
Watch and learn how to setup Nano X hardware wallet:
- I am a content writer with over 2 years of experience in content writing. I create quality and highly researched content on cryptocurrency and forex.