I will provide you with a list of the best crypto exchanges in Germany, along with their features, supported crypto, and fees.
Germany is one of the countries that recognize licensed crypto exchanges as part of the financial services industry, although there is no specific cryptocurrency use regulation.
The German Banking Act allows banks to have custody of cryptocurrency. Therefore, Buying crypto in Germany through a bank, debit cards, credit cards, and electronic payment methods is easier than in some countries.
- You will learn about the best crypto exchanges in Germany
- A list of the 7 best crypto exchanges in Germany
- Each crypto exchanges have its features, fees, and supported currency listed along it
- Answers to some frequently asked questions on crypto exchanges in Germany.
7 Best Crypto Exchanges In Germany
Choosing the right or best crypto exchange in Germany might be a bit confusing; that’s why we took our time to analyze and break down each listed crypto exchanges for you to choose the one you feel you are okay and comfortable with.
Below is a list of the 7 best crypto exchanges in Germany.
The Pepperstone crypto exchange is an Australian brokerage and CFD trading platform regulated and licensed by the ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission), the FCA in the United Kingdom, and the DFSA in the United Arab Emirates.
With the exchange direct access to CFDs on cryptos and indices, ETFs, forex, and stocks, the Pepperstone platform is an all-in-one investing platform used by crypto traders globally.
Pepperstone is known for its tight spreads, low trading commissions, and extensive offering of assets to invest in. Professional investors can trade with 10x leverage available on most cryptocurrency assets.
The exchange doesn’t charge any withdrawal or deposit fees and spreads range from 0.0 to 1.2 pips depending on the underlying cryptocurrency asset.
The mobile app is rated 4.0/5 on iOS and 4.3/5 on Android, with customer service available 24/7 via email or telephone to answer all your questions.
• Access to TradingView’s advanced charting tools
• Supports over 20 crypto CFDs
• Offers zero trading commissions
• Tight spreads
• 24/7 customer service via phone and email
• Up to 10x leverage on most crypto assets
• Free withdrawals and deposits
• Deposit Fees are Free
• Withdrawal Fees are Free
• Spread start From 0.0 – 1.2 pips
• Trading Fees are low
Professional investors who are looking for access to charting tools and low fees.
The Bitstamp crypto exchange is one of the world’s largest and oldest cryptocurrency exchanges; it is geared towards professional traders and has over 4 million clients worldwide.
The crypto exchange offers competitively low fees ranging from 0.1 percent to 0.5 percent, and it offers different payment options; people can use debit or credit cards and SEPA transfers.
The platform is partnered with large financial institutions like Chicago Mercantile Exchange,
Swissquote and Crédit Agricole. Bitstamp fully insures people’s assets and keeps them safely offline – in cold storage. It provides both cold and hot storage.
• Instant verification of account
• Supports 53 of the largest cryptos
• Extremely low trading fees
• Buy cryptocurrency with fiat currency, credit cards, or bank transfers
• 24/7 customer service available via live chat, phone, or email
• Access to a cryptocurrency wallet
• Cold and hot wallet storage
• Account Opening is Free
• Credit Card Purchases: 5 percent
• Withdrawal from Debit Card starts from fiat $10 (USD)
• SEPA Fees start from €0 for deposits, and €3 for withdrawals
• Trading Fees starts from 0.5% – 0.1% %
• International Wire Transfer starts from 0.05 percent for deposits, 0.1 percent for withdrawals
The crypto platform is best for Experienced investors looking for professional investing data and tools.
The Plus500 crypto exchange is one of the largest trading platforms in terms of volume, with millions of active traders globally. The platform supports 20+ cryptocurrency assets, including a mix of the largest cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum and promising altcoins like Solana, Polygon, and Cardano.
Plus500 Markets aggregates cryptocurrency prices from many data sources to offer competitive prices. The platform also offers up to 2x leverage on all cryptocurrency investments.
Investors/traders can also set up price alerts and 2 types of stop orders: Trailing Stop and Stop Loss, to mitigate the risk of losing assets.
The platform doesn’t charge trading fees; the only fees the platform charges are Overnight Funding, which only applies when holding a position after a certain time, and Currency Conversion fees if people trade in a different currency denomination than that of their account.
The platform users can access most financial instruments, including stocks, shares and ETFs, CFDs, and FX. The mobile app is available on Android and iOS, and they have excellent reviews.
• Supports over 20 cryptocurrency pairs
• Access to global markets for ETFs, shares, stocks, CFDs, FX, and cryptocurrency
• Demo account
• The platform supports 2x leverage for crypto assets
• Trading Fees are Free
• Overnight Funding depends on the asset
• Spread depends on the asset
The BitPanda crypto exchange is an Austrian crypto exchange that was founded in 2014 and has since become one of the popular crypto exchanges in Europe for selling and buying digital currencies.
The crypto exchange is popular among many investors since it features an easy-to-use and user-friendly design for purchasing and trading cryptocurrencies.
The crypto exchange has a variety of payment choices that novice crypto users can use to acquire Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and other crypto coins.
• Intuitive and easy-to-use platform
• Wide range of crypto assets supported
• Wide range of payment and withdrawal methods
• Fast customer service available 24/7
• Trading fees are 5 percent (%) per trade
The platform is best for traders or investors new to the world of crypto trading looking for an easy-to-understand cryptocurrency exchange
5. CMC Markets
The CMC Markets crypto exchange is a leveraged trading platform and one of the biggest investing platforms in volume, with over 1 million active traders across all the markets.
The exchange supports 18 cryptocurrency assets, including a mix of the largest cryptos like Ethereum and Bitcoin and some up-and-coming altcoins with potential like Cardano, NEO, and TRON.
CMC Markets aggregates cryptocurrency prices from over 15 exchanges and data sources to offer competitive prices. The exchange offers another way to gain exposure to cryptocurrency: Crypto Indices.
Crypto Indices are diversified cryptocurrency baskets – people gain access to the cryptocurrency sector as a whole by purchasing a cryptocurrency basket.
• App available for iOS (4.1/5 rating) and Android (3.5/5 rating)
• Demo environment
• Supports over 18 cryptocurrencies
• The platform provides access to diversified Crypto Baskets
• For Alpha users: In-depth market insights and Data analysis
• Trading Fees are Free
• Spread: 0.07 percent
The Crypto.com crypto exchange is a major global player that brings a proven and mature exchange to experienced cryptocurrency investors.
The platform supports over 100 cryptocurrencies, making it an ideal fit for people looking to invest in undiscovered altcoins before the masses.
The exchange offers some unique features that no other crypto exchange can match. Investors can trade futures and options contracts, earn interest by staking coins, and make trades with up to 10x leverage when they feel confident in a coin.
The exchange also has invested an enormous amount of money into its security, which makes trading with the exchange extremely safe. The exchange gives price updates dozens of times per second, which gives day traders an upper hand over the market.
Overall, the platform is a solid exchange for investors/traders looking to cash in on brand-new altcoins.
• Trade cryptocurrency derivatives (options and futures contracts)
• Earn daily interest by staking coins
• Purchase newly-listed coins at up to 50 percent off
• Average trading fees (0.4 percent)
• Supports over 100 cryptocurrencies
• Allows up to 10x leverage
• Free deposits from all cryptos
• Account Opening is Free
• Trading Fees: 0.4 percent
Investors/traders looking to buy altcoins and other new cryptocurrency assets before mainstreaming.
The Bitcoin.de crypto exchange is a European-based cryptocurrency exchange with more than 1.5 million users. The platform supports 7 of the biggest cryptos, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and XRP.
The platform offers advanced investors many research, trading, and charting tools.
It also offers 2 marketplaces: crypto-to-crypto and fiat-to-crypto, which makes it ideal for people looking to buy their first crypto; afterward, they can swap one of the 7 coins available for their favorite cryptocurrency.
• Supports 7 cryptos
• Accepts SEPA transactions
• Pay using Express Trade through the Fidor Bank of Munich account
• 98 percent (%) of portfolios are kept in cold storage
• 2FA Security
• Bitcoin Miner
• Native online cryptocurrency wallet
• Fiat money to the cryptocurrency marketplace
• Crypto to the crypto marketplace
• Buying Fees: 0.5 percent (%)
• Selling Fees: 0.5 percent (%)
• Express Bitcoin Trading: 0.4 percent (%)
The exchange is best for experienced and new investors searching for their first cryptocurrency or advanced trading tools.
The Best Time Frame For Day Trading Crypto
Top 10 Best Crypto Trading Signals Telegram Groups in 2023
10 Best Apps for Cryptocurrency Trading and Exchange
Choosing the best crypto exchange in Germany isn’t easy, given all the options and different features each exchange offers. That’s why we took our time to do the best research on the best crypto exchange in Germany for you.
Can I trade crypto in Germany?
Yes, crypto trading is legal in Germany
Is Coinbase supported in Germany?
Coinbase is now available in Germany
Where can I purchase Bitcoin in Germany?
Below is a list of exchanges to safely buy Bitcoin in Germany:
Can Binance be used in Germany?
Germany banned Binance in 2021. As a result, the Binance exchange no longer offers the country futures and derivative products. However, citizens of the country can still open accounts on the exchange and trade regular cryptocurrency products and services.
Do you pay tax on crypto in Germany?
Yes. Cryptocurrency is taxed in Germany.
Does Germany have Bitcoin ATM?
Yes, it does
Is eToro legal in Germany?
Yes, it is! eToro has a list of blocked countries on its website, and Germany is among them! Using eToro exchange as an investment platform is legal in Germany.
Is KuCoin available in Germany?
Kucoin offers a crypto exchange in Germany.
You can learn more from the video below: