Today I will list the 9 best crypto exchanges in New Zealand. We have chosen these exchanges based on a number of factors, including transaction fees, Supported languages, Customer support, and more.
If you’re based in New Zealand and want to buy or sell digital currencies, then you’ll need to use a crypto exchange. A crypto exchange is a platform that allows you to buy, sell, or trade cryptocurrencies. Some exchanges also allow you to convert your fiat currency (e.g. NZD) into digital currencies.
- 9 Best crypto exchanges in New Zealand
- Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions
9 Best Crypto Exchanges In New Zealand
We at Debt Bombshell often update our articles and test these transactions to give our readers the most precise, up-to-date information. We are the first to provide a list of any newly added functions or coins on any crypto exchanges we evaluate.
1. Binance Exchange: Best for Experienced Traders
For devoted cryptocurrency traders in New Zealand, Binance is a highly well-liked alternative. It is not advised for new users because of the numerous features that can frighten them away, but if you have some prior knowledge of cryptocurrencies, you will adore what Binance offers.
In addition to having more than 600 distinct coins listed on its exchange, Binance also provides a wide range of other services, including staking, margin trading, crypto lending, P2P marketplaces, and more.
The trading costs are incredibly cheap, at 0.1% per transaction, and you have the option to pay using their native coin, BNB, to cut them by 25%.
Because it smoothly integrates with many suitable trading bots, Binance is the ideal choice if you prefer to automate your trading. This enables you to trade continuously and profit from price movements while asleep.
- Low trading commissions of 0.1%
- Use the native cryptocurrency of the exchange, Binance Coin (BNB), to cut your trading costs by 25%.
- A simpler, more user-friendly version of the platform called Binance Lite is available for beginners.
- It offers serious traders access to more than 600 cryptocurrencies, making it a great choice.
- Many other features, like staking, crypto lending, and margin trading
2. Independent Reserve Exchange: Best For Crypto Insurance
Australian cryptocurrency exchange Independent Reserve offers services to the New Zealand market and accepts NZD for deposits and withdrawals. Although the UI is somewhat archaic, using and navigating it is simple.
Independent Reserve charges 0.5% in trading costs, less than Swyftx’s 0.6% price. If you are a high-volume trader, your fees will be adjusted based on how much you traded over the past 30 days.
Only Independent Reserve offers insurance coverage on bitcoin assets up to a $5 million value in New Zealand. To get access to this extra insurance, you must open a Premium Account, which costs between $300 and $35,000 annually.
This includes $5 million in insurance coverage for your cryptocurrencies and premium phone support. To make reporting your cryptocurrency profits easier, Independent Reserve also includes tax reporting options powered by KPMG.
Due to the insurance and superior OTC desk service, Independent Reserve is great for high-volume traders and helps execute big deals ($100,000+). The exchange has a drawback in that it only supports 27 different cryptocurrencies, which is little compared to other New Zealand-based platforms. The majority of the 27 coins are the most well-known and traded, which is a positive thing.
- Premium customers get access to phone assistance and bitcoin insurance.
- Supports 27 coins that can be bought with NZD directly
- KPMG-powered automated dollar-cost averaging tax reports
- 0.5% low trading costs, which can be waived for big-volume traders
3. Crypto.com: Best Crypto App For Staking
An outstanding cryptocurrency app is Crypto.com, which enables simple buying and trading of more than 250 currencies from the convenience of your phone. There are no direct trading expenses, but the spread—the difference between cryptocurrency buy and sell prices—includes the fees. The staking options provided are what make the Crypto.com app fantastic.
You can stake up to 40+ currencies and get up to 14.5% annual profits. You get better returns on all of your staked coins if you risk Cronos (CRO), Crypto.com’s native currency.
The metal Visa debit card with privileges you get for free when you stake at least $500 worth of CRO is the most excellent feature of the Crypto.com app that many people are thrilled about. You can get more rewards if you stake more significant sums.
- A user-friendly smartphone app that allows you to purchase and trade more than 250 coins
- Support for staking on more than 40 different currencies
- Stake CRO to receive a free Visa debit card with various perks, like rewards, on every transaction.
- Fees are included in the spread, so the price displayed is the amount you pay.
4. BitPrime Crypto Retailer: Best for Security
On their site, BitPrime supports more than 150 different cryptocurrencies and does not impose any additional fees on top of the mentioned pricing. Any price you see is the price you pay and BitPrime profits from their spread (the difference between the buy and sell prices of cryptocurrency).
Bank transfer, POLi, and Account2Account payments have fair margins of 2.9%, whereas credit card payments have a higher cost of 5%. Remember that since the cryptocurrency is delivered directly to and from your crypto wallet, you are saving money on the customary cryptocurrency transfer cost.
Instead of charging a commission, BitPrime includes its costs in the spread. The spread starts at 2.9% for retail investors, and spaces will decline with transaction volume. On BitPrime, credit cards are allowed, although the distances are 5% larger.
Remember that your cryptocurrency is transmitted straight to your wallet, so even if the costs may be somewhat higher than those of other crypto exchanges, you are saving money by eliminating the extra withdrawal charge common on other platforms.
- A crypto platform with a New Zealand address that is formally registered, regulated, and IRD compliant
- Your crypto and fiat funds are always under your control, thanks to the non-custodial platform.
- NZD may be used to purchase and trade more than 150 cryptocurrencies.
- Fees are already factored into the spread, only 2.9% for POLi, bank transfers, and Account2Account (5% spread for credit card payments).
5. Easy Crypto NZ: Best For Quick Purchases
Easy Crypto NZ is a fantastic option for people who wish to buy cryptocurrency immediately. Because it is non-custodial, it functions differently from traditional cryptocurrency exchanges or trading platforms.
This indicates that Easy Crypto does not influence your NZD or cryptocurrency. Without initially depositing Easy Crypto, you transmit your NZD when you make a purchase directly from your bank account. Your cryptocurrency wallet will receive the cryptocurrency you have purchased after it has been moved from an online account.
Because you always have control over your crypto wallet’s private keys, this helps ensure that your cryptocurrency is always secure.
Your money will be entirely safe even if Easy Crypto is breached or hacked since it is held outside the exchange. Additionally, they provide a 100% money guarantee on each order, removing any worries you may have about a transaction going wrong.
- Because there are no fiat or cryptocurrency holdings on the exchange, you have complete control over your money.
- Transparent, unambiguous fees with no additional extras
- NZD instantaneously purchases 100 coins without requiring a deposit.
- 100% of your money is secure with every order.
6. Bybit Exchange: Best Overall in NZ (Lowest Trading Fees)
In New Zealand, Bybit is the most excellent option for cryptocurrency traders. It provides for people who want to acquire and retain their cryptocurrency long-term and those who want to exchange cryptocurrency to profit from market changes routinely.
With over 2 million users and a daily trading volume exceeding $10 billion, Bybit is a very safe and dependable exchange. Many New Zealand customers are drawn to Bybit due to its high liquidity, 99.99% system uptime, and quick trade speed of 100,000 deals per second.
More than 220 cryptocurrencies may be traded on this platform, spot trading, and derivatives markets. Bybit charges the lowest trading commissions in New Zealand, at just 0.1%, or one-sixth of Swyftx’s rate. Even more affordable costs of 0.01% for makers and 0.06% for takers are available to derivatives traders!
- Excellent cryptocurrency trading platform with lightning-fast trade speeds and 99.99% system functionality
- Lowest trading commissions for spot trading are 0.1% and 0.01%/0.06% for derivatives.
- Offering more than 220 cryptocurrencies
- 24/7 Live Chat assistance
- To practice with fake money, use the testnet platform.
- Leverage for margin trading of up to 100x
7. Swyftx Exchange: Best For Beginners
Swyftx was created to be user-friendly and provide a simple approach for the average individual to start using cryptocurrencies. They have achieved this with rapid buy/sell capabilities that even a novice can use and a straightforward layout on both the desktop website and mobile applications.
Even the most experienced cryptocurrency trader has access to more than 320 different cryptocurrencies, which is a lot.
Kiwis choose Swyftx over other exchanges because it allows them to utilize NZD as their base currency rather than converting it to USD, which costs money even before they begin trading or investing. Swyftx charges only 0.6% in trade costs, and its average spread is just 0.51%, for a total cost of just 1.11%.
To top it all off, Swyftx offers a signup incentive of $20 FREE Bitcoin if you use this referral link, as well as free deposits and withdrawals of NZD. There is no catch, and obtaining it doesn’t need you to make a purchase or a deposit. You may read our complete Swyftx review here to learn more before deciding.
- Free $20 in Bitcoin just for signing up; no payment is needed
- There are more than 320 cryptocurrencies available to buy using NZD.
- Low spreads averaging 0.51% and 0.6% trading costs
- Free NZD withdrawals and deposits
- 20 different coins to stake
- Live Chat customer service that will help you with any problems you might have
8. MEXC Global Trading Platform: Deepest Liquidity
The top cryptocurrency exchange in New Zealand for experienced traders is MEXC Global. It provides the most incredible variety of cryptocurrencies (1,520+), several markets, and any cryptocurrency exchange’s highest level of liquidity.
The liquidity graph for BTC/USDT below shows that MEXC has about 10 times the liquidity of other significant platforms like Binance, Bybit, and KuCoin, and is twice as liquid as Bitget.
Margin trading and spot trading (up to 125x leverage), futures trading, bot trading, and copy trading are among the many trading possibilities offered on MEXC. Low trading costs include maker/taker fees of 0.02/0.06% (for futures trading) and approximately 0.2% for spot trading. Additionally, if you join through our exclusive link, you will receive a 10% discount on all trading expenses.
- Impressive collection of 2,110+ trading pairs and 1,520+ coins
- With our link, get $25 FREE USDT and 10% off trading costs.
- Low trading costs of 0.02/0.06% for futures and 0.2% for spot trading
- You may automate your trading approach with free trading bots.
- You may utilize the fantastic feature of copy trading to follow the trades of successful investors.
9. KuCoin Exchange: Large Range of 700 Cryptocurrencies
If you want access to a wide variety of coins, KuCoin is your cryptocurrency trading platform. The number of cryptocurrencies that may be traded currently exceeds 700, and new ones are constantly being introduced. Trading costs are incredibly cheap, at only 0.1%, and if you pay using their coin, KCS, you may cut costs by 20%.
KuCoin provides free built-in bots that you can quickly set up with just a few clicks if you wish to employ trade bots to automate your approach. This implies that even when you are not glued to your computer watching the prices, you can still benefit from the ongoing volatility that cryptocurrencies suffer. Additionally, there’s no reason to complicate matters by tying a third-party bot to your cryptocurrency.
- Margin trading, a P2P marketplace, futures, and crypto loans are just a few elements of a feature-rich cryptocurrency trading platform.
- Low trading costs of only 0.1%, which are lowered by 20% if you use KCS as payment
- 700+ cryptocurrencies in a wide variety
- The platform includes no-cost trading bots.
Given the variety of alternatives available and their unique characteristics, picking the best bitcoin exchange in New Zealand is difficult. I’m an emotional cryptocurrency investor. Therefore we carefully monitor the activity on New Zealand’s leading exchanges.
Through cryptocurrency exchanges, purchasing Bitcoin is one of the most straightforward processes in New Zealand.
You may choose among the several exchanges that provide Bitcoin in New Zealand based on your needs and tastes by utilizing the list we’ve provided above. Before choosing an exchange, users should be aware of an exchange’s transaction costs, withdrawal limitations, payment options, and verification procedures before selecting an exchange.
What Is The Best Way To Buy Cryptocurrency In New Zealand?
Through cryptocurrency exchanges, purchasing Bitcoin is one of the most straightforward processes in New Zealand. You may choose among the several exchanges that provide Bitcoin in New Zealand based on your needs and tastes by utilizing the list we’ve provided above.
Can You Trade Crypto In Nz?
You may trade your Bitcoin for fiat money on any exchange having a New Zealand Dollar (NZD) trading pair. Many well-known coins are available as NZD trading pairs on Independent Reserve. Another choice is LocalBitcoins. Here, you may purchase and sell Bitcoin for various payment options, including bank transfers and gift cards.
Can You Use Binance In New Zealand?
Trading of cryptocurrencies online In New Zealand, Binance registers. The biggest cryptocurrency exchange in the world has opened a marketplace in New Zealand to influence future industry regulations.
Can You Withdraw From Binance In New Zealand?
Connect your wallet, choose the target bank account, and validate the transaction. We will immediately convert your BNB to NZD and transfer the money to the specified New Zealand bank account.
Can You Sell Crypto On Binance Nz?
Using our simplified buy/sell procedure, Binance offers a safe and secure marketplace to purchase and sell cryptocurrencies rapidly.
Which Bitcoin Wallet Is Best In New Zealand?
Bitcoin Wallet. Why we choose it: Coinbase Wallet is the best cryptocurrency wallet for beginners because it is user-friendly and highly safe, plus a reputable exchange supports it. Coinbase Wallet is an excellent wallet for those with little prior expertise with cryptocurrencies.
Can I Use Coinbase In New Zealand?
Join Coinbase to effortlessly and securely manage your cryptocurrency. Currently accessible in New Zealand and more than 100 other nations.
You can learn more from the video below:
- I am a professional article and e-book writer with 4 years of experience, I write on well research content on cryptocurrency, stocks, loans and finances.
- Forex TradingSeptember 11, 202310 Best Futures Trading Courses In 2023
- CryptocurrencySeptember 9, 20235 Best Crypto OTC Trading Platforms You Should Try In 2023
- InsuranceSeptember 9, 202310 Best Dental Insurance For Seniors On Medicare in 2023
- LoansSeptember 7, 202310 Best and Easiest Loan to Get Approved for in Canada 2023