Here in this article, we will be exploring the best cold wallets for staking crypto.
Crypto wallets are of different types: hot wallets and cold wallets. The Hot wallets use keys (a type of cryptography, like a password). They are stored on a connected device and are considered less secure than cold wallets.
A cold crypto wallet is cryptocurrency storage that is not connected to the Internet. They are also known and called Hardware wallets and use a physical medium in the shape of a USB stick.
It is regarded and considered the most secure type of crypto wallet because it will require hackers to access one’s device and the associated PIN/Password.
There are so many Cold wallets in the market, and it’s difficult to pick an online cold wallet for your crypto storage needs.
What is a Cold Crypto Wallet?
A cold wallet is a digital wallet that stores your cryptocurrency offline. They are different from that hot crypto wallets because the cold wallet does not have Internet connectivity.
When a user creates a wallet, the first thing they are required to do is to download an application to manage their funds.
The software will generate a unique and distinctive key to access the crypto wallet. This key will prevent hackers from accessing the user’s funds because it is stored in the hardware device.
List of 10 Best Cold Wallets for Staking Crypto
Here is the list of the 10 best cold wallets for staking crypto:
1. Trezor Model T
This cold crypto wallet instantly allows users access to third-party exchanges, such as Changelly and CoinSwitch, from the Trezor internet interface.
This encrypted cold crypto wallet offers a touch screen feature that is easier for new crypto users to operate than the previous model.
It is one of the best cold wallets for staking crypto that comes with a 1 USB-C to USB-A cable, which helps you connect either using a desktop computer or a smartphone if preferred over Bluetooth.
- It Supports over 1,800 currencies.
- Network-isolated authentication.
- It has Ultra-secure offline storage.
- It Offers unlimited crypto wallet storage
- It Stores your passwords safely.
- Not highly secure Cryptocurrency Cold Wallet
- The Small touchscreen is very difficult to type on
2. SecuX V20
The SecuX V20 is one of SecuX’s popular hardware wallets. The device includes a big color touch screen display and also a battery for offline Operation and connects to the host by Bluetooth or USB.
Thanks to its low-energy Bluetooth connection, this wallet can go wireless, built onAES-256 technology for optimum data protection. This gadget is very safe to use on mobile phones.
The wallet is cross-platform compatible, which means it can be used on a laptop, iPhone, iPad, desktop pc, Android smartphone, tablet, or Chromebook.
- 2.8″ color touchscreen
- Bluetooth capability with encryption
- Improved display
- The gadget must be connected for all operations.
- Plain UI
- Higher price point
3. CoolWallet Pro
This wallet is a DeFi-focused mobile cold wallet that enables you to connect easily to a device without requiring or needing an internet connection via an encrypted Bluetooth connection within a ten-meter radius.
This wallet offers easy interaction with DeFi, Dapp, and NFT. the body is tamper-free and completely water-resistant. The lithium-ion battery offers a single battery charge that lasts several weeks.
This is one of the best cold wallets for staking crypto. It offers multi-layer cold storage security using its EAL6+ secure element (SE), AES256 encrypted Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and five processors to control its Power Management.
- It provides complete protection against remote and online attacks.
- It Automatically eliminates the data on detection of the breach.
- It is Dust-free and waterproof hardware.
- 41 Blockchains
- It supports 10,000+ Tokens
- It is a Fast and accurate backup.
- Complete network isolation and can’t be connected to the Internet.
- Fully air-gapped
- The Customer Support is a bit slow
- It is bulky in size
4. Ledger Nano S
The Ledger Nano S is one of the best cold wallets for staking crypto that Ledger introduced. This wallet is one of the first cold wallets compatible with 1800+ cryptocurrencies.
The Nano S has enough storage to make wallets for a limited number of cryptocurrencies at a time.
- It is easy to use a USB-Style Hardware Drive.
- It is Simple and Powerful
- It enables one to set a 20-digit recovery password.
- It Operation is not easy and can be complex for new users.
- It is Limited to 18 applications only.
5. Safepal S1
This Cold Wallet was launched in 2019, and It supports 19 blockchains and 10,000+ crypto tokens, including the non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
SafePal is one of the best cold wallets for staking crypto, which intends to provide crypto customers with a safe, simple, and easy-to-use crypto management solution.
- It Provides EAL 6+ certified Secure Element.
- one can track, view, and also exchange crypto from their cold storage wallet
- It allows the staking of crypto through the wallet to earn rewards
- Encrypted Bluetooth connectivity
- Easy connection and integration to mobile device
- It offers encrypted Bluetooth connections for both iOS and Android devices.
- It Offers a very little choice for staking coins
6. Keystone Pro
The Keystone Pro is an air-gapped crypto-cold wallet. This wallet comes with a 4-inch touchscreen, open-source firmware, and fingerprint sensor. It offers PSBT Bitcoin to provide additional security from hackers and malicious attacks.
Keystone pro wallet is a cold wallet that is BIP 32/39/44 compliant. one can integrate QR codes to sign transactions.
It is one of the best wallets for staking crypto that has reduced the risk of malware interruption and offers clearer and enhanced visibility.
Keystone Pro’s wallet offers detachable batteries that enable you to avoid corrosion.
- It offers multiple layers of security sensor
- It Works on self-destruct mechanism.
- It offers 24/7 community support.
- EAL 5+ independent secure element
- The price is Attractive
- limited Number of coins Supported.
- It is Not a very portable device.
7. ELLIPAL Titan
Ellipal Titan wallet is the world’s first air-gapped cold wallet, providing complete network isolation. This wallet is built with no online components or ports for crypto app support.
- It Provides an anti-Tamper Self-Destruct Mechanism
- It offers a Direct swap between cryptocurrencies integration within the software.
- One can enter the backup with the help of a cipher.
- It Offers a recovery phrase backup card.
- Doesn’t support coin swapping like other cold crypto wallets.
8. Ledger Nano X
This is the second-generation cold crypto wallet from Ledger. It is a physical crypto wallet that is the best cryptocurrency cold wallet for a reason: one can manage, exchange, and also buy crypto on the go, as mobile users can make use of their wallets on their mobiles.
Therefore, if you do not have your laptop with you, you can still trade your crypto effectively from your Android and iOS devices.
- You can have access to Ledger Live.
- It Provides storage for between three and twenty different apps.
- It Offers secure storage for a low price.
- It supports 5,500+ cryptos
- The device is mobile and computer friendly.
- It provides support for a large number of digital assets.
- This cryptocurrency wallet provides Max storage for three apps
KeepKey wallet is a secure Bitcoin cold crypto wallet that uses advanced technology, and it is a pen-drive kind of hardware wallet that uses the same offline, cold-storage public and private keys.
This wallet is protected by a personalized pin code that makes it completely and fully secure against physical theft.
- Adhere to top-notch security standards.
- It offers an attractive, professionally designed OLED display.
- Support ERC20 Token (beta)
- It enables direct swap between cryptocurrencies within the software.
- It allows one to generate and manage their private keys offline in cold storage.
- It is a Secure cold wallet.
- It has a Limited Number of KeepKey Supported Coins.
- Not a very portable device.
10. Trezor One
The Trezor One was designed and crafted by cryptocurrency advocates and a stellar cyber security team in the Czech Republic.
The wallet provides an LED display for an easy-to-use interface and a PIN to access the crypto wallet. The wallet Provides more security by using 2-factor authentication when verifying your purchase.
- It is Affordable
- It is easy to use
- buy cryptocurrencies with USD and exchange them in the wallet
- Web browser, Desktop OS, and Android supported
- Supports more than 1000 coins and tokens
- No support for iOS
- Only select cryptocurrencies can be bought with fiat
- Not free like software wallets
- A bit more expensive than competitors
In the comment section below, let’s have your opinion on the best cold wallets for staking cryptocurrency.
Watch the video below to know the best cold wallets for staking crypto:
My name is Precious Ejiofor, I am a professional self motivated, dependable writer and editor, with over 4 year of experience in writing for variety of business and platforms. I am able and capable to write on any kind of topic.
Specifically, I focus on producing persuasive and compelling contents that is thoughtful, prominent, and engaging.