Bitmain Antminer S9 is the recent product of Bitmain Antminer’s mining hardware that is used to mine bitcoin. Antminer as a mining hardware was first created in 2013 by a Chinese company known as Bitmain.
The Bitmain company was founded by Micree Zhan and Jihan Wu, who both had a focus of making money from mining.
What is Bitmain Antminer S9?
Bitmain Antminer S9 is the newest model of mining hardware that is strictly used in mining bitcoin and can operate without the need for a separate host computer. The new miner has an output of 14TH/s, making it the most powerful, effective and efficient bitcoin mining hardware on the planet.
How Does Antminer S9 Work?
The new S9 specifications detail that the miner processes the SHA – 256 algorithms (BTC and BCH) at 16 terahash per second. The miner takes 1280W from the wall which leads to delivering a power efficiency of 80 joules per terahash (J/TH). It also uses around 1,375W, running it will cost you network 15 and 30 cents per hour.
Pros and Cons of Antminer S9
Antminer S9 is a mining hardware that posesses both good advantages and disadvantages, if it is being purchased and used. Below are the advantages and disadvantages of using Antminer S9 :
- Antminer S9 has the highest recorded hash rate of 14 MH/s and is extremely energy efficient.
- The miner are in itself well-built and have few moving parts.
- The team of engineers considered all details and laid more emphasis while making the most powerful miner
It is quite expensive, sometime priced at $2100 and the user must resort to an additional power supply which is sold separately.
Where to Buy Antminer S9?
These mining hardware are usually sold and can be purchased online, below are the most effective, reliable and trustworthy place where you can get the latest Antminer mining model:
- Coin miner
How Much Does Antminer S9 Cost?
Antminer S9 is the most expensive miner in the market today, because of its superior mining abilities and usually the price varies alot. On Bitmain’s official website, you can buy it for $2400 or at a similar price on Coin Miner. While on Amazon, you can get it at $2700 and on E-bay, you can get it for as little as $2000.
How Much Power Does an Antminer Use?
The mining machine is manufactured specifically to consume electrical power sufficiently, by using 1,350 Watts at 0.1 joules per gigahash. Comparing it with the previous model, it is 2.5 times more power efficient and consumes just 380w more.
Is Antminer S9 Profitable?
Investing in a particular opportunity usually demands the knowledge of its profitability and in this case, it is the usage of Antminer S9 in mining bitcoin. Will using Antminer S9 give you the chance of making profit? Yes, it would but it entirely depends on:
- The money you have to spend on bitcoin mining
- The place where you reside ( electricity is a major concern while using the antminer to mine bitcoin )
- The level of believe you have in bitcoin’s value rising in the future.
Also, based on its technical specifications, the S9 will have the capacity to mine 0.03600399 Bitcoin per month, If you run the Antminer for that period, expect to get a profit of 0.02138775 Bitcoin, which is equivalent to $178.78.
However, the level of your profitability depends more on the availability of electricity to enable the mining hardware perform it’s activity.
Bitmain Antminer S9 is currently the best rated among all bitmain mining models, and it would enormously help to generate money by mining bitcoin more faster but at most, you need to consider the issue of electricity which is the main requirement for it to function and work well.
Once you are able to make electricity available, there is no doubt that you will make alot of profit, as it is the most powerful and efficient miner now.
Antminer is the most suitable and safe option for bitcoin mining and a more profitable way of turning your currencies to bitcoin.
- I'm a professional digital marketer with over 7 years of experience in the field. I create well researched content related to finance, cryptocurrency, stocks, forex and metaverse related articles.
- Wallet and Exchanges2023.01.13Understanding Bitcoin Wallet And How It Operates
- Business2023.01.13Branding Errors Every Entrepreneur Must Watch Out for While Naming Their Business
- Crypto Trading2023.01.11Top 10 Best Crypto Trading Signals Telegram Groups in 2023
- Tokens2023.01.11Best Shitcoins to Invest in 2023 – Learn How to Identify a Shitcoin Before Investing