Starting a business requires a lot of time, money, and work. However, startup business credit cards are established to provide an entrepreneur with the capital they need to start the right business.
What does a startup business credit card mean? Carefully read on as I elaborate more on the 7 best startup business credit cards in Australia.
- You’ll learn how startup business credit wards work
- The easiest way to startup business with credit cards in Australia
- The 7 best startup business credit cards in Australia
- Answers to some frequently asked questions on startup business credit cards
What Are Start-Up Business Credit Cards?
Startup business credit cards are business credit cards for new businesses. It helps in the new business expenses by providing some funds to support the entrepreneur to purchase the items needed for the startup.
Startup business credit cards play a similar role to other credit cards but they are prepaid.
Like other business credit cards, startup business credit cards are available for new businesses of all kinds. It helps you to segregate business expenses from personal expenses, offers access to a revolving line of credit, and builds your business credit profile.
Nevertheless, keep in mind what your business needs are when selecting the funds offered through the startup business card.
Advantages of Startup Business Credit Card
Startup business credit cards fund new businesses. Moreover, below are some other benefits of using it.
- Enhances Business Credit Rating: With no credit history, lending companies might find it hard to give a loan but using a startup business credit card regularly and repaying early enables your company to build a solid credit rating.
- Increases Business Cashflow: With a startup business credit card, a company can facilitate inventory purchases, unexpected emergencies, and cyclical expenditures and make them normal.
- Separates Business Expenses From Personal Expenses: A startup business credit card helps companies to distinguish the expenses for the business from expenses for personal usage. Having a good credit score reinforces a company’s potential to apply for loans rather than using personal finance to solve the company’s problems.
- Controls Customer’s Spending: Developing a startup business credit card policy keeps your workers accountable for their credit card spending, thus, building the credit score of the business organization.
Disadvantages of Startup Business Credit Cards
The downside of using a business credit card is that employees might abuse the card by charging personal items which might affect the business credit card due to its limited protection, unlike personal credit cards.
However, using a startup business credit card is financially helpful but the business might break down if the company is unable to keep a good credit score.
How Startup Business Credit Cards Work
Startup business credit cards are different from other business credit cards because they provide additional access to capital for new businesses and help an entrepreneur record business expenses.
Similarly to other credit cards, startup business credit cards gives an entrepreneur access to a revolving line of credit with a set margin depending on her credit history. And if your balance is not paid within the statement period it accrues an extra interest charge.
Startup business credit cards help build a business credit score and earn specific bonuses for popular purchases.
How to Get a Startup Business Credit Card in Australia
To receive financial support when starting a new business in Australia, you must have one of the best startup business credit cards in Australia. To get it, you must be:
- 18-year-old and above.
- Have a reliable source of income.
- An Australian citizen.
- Have a good credit history.
However, you can apply it in three solid ways:
An entrepreneur can apply for a startup business credit card online and get it after the documentation provided is evaluated and approved.
As an entrepreneur, you can get a startup business credit card through your bank in Australia as long as you submit the required information needed.
3. Through Some Business Organizations
Similarly, you can apply for and get a startup business credit card through other business organizations.
The application process takes between 15 and 20 minutes. You are required to provide the card issuer with some information to help assess your proficiency to repay and determine your credit limit.
The information includes:
- Valid I.D (passport or driving license).
- Tax file number.
- Personal details (name, age, marital status, etc).
- Employment details (salary information, etc).
- Details of your current expenses.
- Information about your asset.
Remark: Endeavor to provide accurate documentation of yourself to enable quick access to your card as wrong information delays the process.
The 7 Best Startup Business Credit Cards in Australia
The best startup business credit cards in Australia that provide funds for new businesses are explained below.
1. Express Gold Startup Business Credit Card
It is a well-rounded business credit card, providing various bonuses to snot entrepreneurs. It had an annual fee of $169.
With the card, an entrepreneur can earn 1.5 points per $1 on all ATO and government spending. It has no expiry on the points you earn and the repayment fund should be in full.
2. Qantas Startup Business Credit Card
The card helps the holder to earn Qantas points when making purchases. However, 2 Qantas points for $1 spent on Qantas products and services, 1.25 Qantas points for every $1 spend on daily purchases, and 0.5 Qantas points per $1 spent on government charges.
The card has an annual fee of $450 with the balance paid in full each month.
3. NAB Low-Rate Startup Business Credit Card
For startup businesses searching for low annual fees and low-interest rates, the NAB Low-Rate startup business credit card is the best. It has an interest rate of 13.25% with an annual fee of $60.
It attracts zero annual fees during the initial year of application before changing to $60 per annum from the latter year henceforth.
The card helps entrepreneurs to pay off the balance after the due statement period and its operation is fixed.
4. Express Startup Business Credit Card
It is a business card that earns membership reward points. It has the best points-to-spend ratio on the market today, offering higher points thus, being one of the best startup business credit cards in Australia.
It has an interest rate of 3.99% within the first 6 months and 19.99 thereafter. Its annual fee is $149.
5. NAB Rewards Startup Business Credit Card
NAB Reward startup business credit card enables business purchases. It is good for international travelers; with the card, an entrepreneur can earn triple the points on purchases made oversea.
The card has an interest rate of 18.50%, with an annual fee of $175 and it is used for early repayment within the statement period.
6. Target Startup Business Credit Card
It is issued by Target Bank and provides a 5% discount to the cardholder on purchasing at Target.
There is no annual fee or extra days for returns and exchanges. The card is mainly for frequent buyers at Target.
7. Velocity Startup Business Credit Card
Velocity offers 150,000 bonus velocity points. The annual card fee is waived for the first year but becomes $249 thereafter.
People Also Read:
The best startup business credit card in Australia funds the new businesses in the residence. It separates business expenses from personal expenses hence, increasing the credit history of the company if the loan is repaid within the loan term.
Here are some of the questions asked about startup business credit cards.
What Is The Easiest Business Credit Card To Get?
A secured credit card is the easiest business credit card to get because they have low credit score requirements and is helpful to build and rebuild credit.
Can I Use A Business Credit Card For Personal Expenses?
Although you can, it is not reasonable to use a business credit card for personal expenses to avoid unnecessary complications around tax filing time.
Does Target Have A Business Credit Card?
Yes, Target Bank issues a Target Business Card exposed to credit approval.
What Credit Score Do You Need For Discover Business Credit Card?
Discover business credit card requires an excellent credit score of 740 to 850.
What Credit Score Do You Need To Get An American Express Card?
Based on the score ranges from FICO, American Express card applicants have up to 670 credit scores.
Can I Get A Discover Card With A 600 Credit Score?
Yes, Discover has credit card options to suit every consumer and offers credit cards with any credit score or no credit history.
See the video below for additional explanations:
- I am a writer and researcher, a practical digital marketer, and a copywriter who communicates value to a society based on years of experience and knowledge in the field.
- InsuranceSeptember 27, 2023Top 10 Life Insurance Companies In The Philippines, 2023
- LoansSeptember 14, 2023The 7 Best Home Loan Refinancing Offers In Australia, 2023
- CryptocurrencyJanuary 9, 20237 Best Crypto Exchanges In Sudan 2023
- LoansJanuary 9, 2023The Top 10 Unsecured Personal Loans In Australia 2023