With so many companies willing to send your funds overseas, sending money internationally from France to USA can be a difficult task. You can rely on us to choose the best provider to provide the most value while ensuring safety and security.
Our money transfer comparison engine compares exchange rates from various foreign exchange providers in real-time to provide you with the best options.
- What is a money transfer?
- A step-by-step guide to sending money from France to USA
- Factor to consider before choosing a method to send money from France to USA
- 5 best ways to send money from France to USA
How To Get Instant Approval Virtual Credit Card With Instant Use
How To Build Credit Without A Credit Card (2023 Guide)
How To Accept Credit Card Payments In 7 Simple Ways
What is a money transfer?
A money transfer is a method of sending money from one country’s bank account to another’s. Depending on the service provider, you can do this over the phone, online, through an app, or even on the street.
A money transfer service can also allow you to send money to someone or a company in another country even if neither has a bank account, though this will cost you more in fees.
Before transferring money, currency transfer services convert it from one currency to another.
Step-by-step guide on how to send money to the USA from France
Once you have come to conclusion on the best company for your France to USA remittance, simply follow the below steps to send your funds.
- Open an account with your preferred operator.
- You may be asked for photo identification and proof of address; please provide these, as they assist the operator in ensuring legal and regulatory compliance.
- Create bank accounts for both the sender in france and the receiver in the United States. Bank deposits can be the most cost-effective way to send money.
- Determine when and how much money you want to send. When you’re ready, enter the amount and begin your transaction.
- You are nearly finished at this point, and the operator will take over from here.
- Keep an eye out for updates from the operator on the status of your transaction.
Factor to consider before choosing a method to send money from France to USA
When selecting a way to transfer money to another country, several factors must be considered.
There are a variety of choices available to consumers who want to send money to family or friends abroad, but the cost and processing time should be taken into account before choosing a method:
To send money outside the United States, a bank or business-like like Western Union or PayPal will charge you fees. Usually, a percentage of the total is charged as the fee. Another thing to keep in mind is that the business will probably add a markup to the currency exchange rate.
#2. Limits on amounts:
Limits on amounts are another thing to think about. To adhere to various international banking requirements, you can send minimal and maximum sums abroad, depending on the bank or firm you choose. The restrictions might be cumulative over a predetermined amount of time, or they might apply to every transaction.
The time it takes for the money to arrive in another country is a significant determining factor. It can take a few days or longer for the money to appear in your bank account. If the money transfer needs to be done almost instantly, there are additional methods. Be prepared to pay an additional fee for convenience if your receiver requires the money right now.
#4. Money destinations:
Some providers may transfer money into a bank account, while others would require the Recipient to have an account with the service. Before the money transfer, decide which option is the most convenient. Other organizations, such as Western Union, allow consumers to pick up actual cash at various physical locations.
Shop around and compare different services because many are limited to specific countries and are not available everywhere
#6. Customer service:
If you’re sending larger amounts or need advice, it’s important to choose a provider who can be reached by phone.
Some providers may provide you with a free transfer just for signing up. Others might give you a discount if you transfer more than a certain amount.
5 best ways to send money from France to USA
The best way to send money safely from France to the USA is to use a licensed and regulated company. Depending on where they do business, international money transfer companies must register with and be regulated by hundreds of different organizations. Here is a list of the top best for ending money to UA from France, and they include the following:
XE is a reputable brand. With 20+ years of experience. Trade with 170 nations in 60+ currencies. Great mobile apps and tools. No fees, and competitive pricing, although not always the cheapest. It is a risk-free and secure method of sending money abroad. There are no transfer fees. Only a modest margin on the exchange rate and third-party costs are charged to you.
- Max: $1 million
- Min: there is No minimum
- Support: Service through email can be slow, and phones are limited to business hours
- Offers: They offer a gift voucher when you refer a friend
- Send by: Bank transfer, Debit, and Credit card (US, Canada, EU, and UK only)
- Receive by: through Bank account only (there is no cash pick up)
- Security: it is Regulated in every country in which they operate and are registered with FINTRAC
Remitly is an online money transfer company that is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, that provides international money transactions to more than 135 countries. Established in the US. Focuses on immigrants who make small transfers to continents like Africa, Asia, and South America. Exceptionally quick, with more affordable rates for cash pickup than MoneyGram, Western Union, and Ria. Multiple receiving options.
- Max: Depending on the destination
- Min: No min
- Support: 24/7 customer support is available
- Offers: Delivery promise ‘on time or get your money back. Often also have ‘first transaction’ offers
- Send by: Debit/credit card (fees apply) and Bank transfer
- Receive by: Bank account, Cash pickup, Mobile Money, and Home delivery (express options)
- Security: Regulated and also partnered with the financial institutions of the countries they operate in
OFX is an online money transfer company that sends money to over 190 countries from the United States via its website and mobile app. The most significant advantage is cost: OFX offers comparable rates to competitors and does not charge transfer fees. Furthermore, there is no maximum transfer amount. Established in 1998.
The largest privately held money transfer company in Australia. Products that are simple to use and provide excellent customer service. Rates are competitive, especially for larger transfers.
- Max: there is No max
- Min: $250
- Support: Global support teams to help you 24/7
- Offers: Unlimited fee-free transfers, exclusive Exiap deal
- Send by: only Bank transfer (Debit and credit cards not available)
- Receive by: Bank Account and OFX wallet (no cash pick up)
- Security: it has Over 55 regulators globally and is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange
currently known as Wise, is open about its fees, reasonably priced, and simple to use. Over 7 million customers trust Wise. In addition to the conversion rate on Google, they charge a minimal upfront percentage transfer cost.
- Max: Various
- Min: there is No minimum
- Support: there is a Great online help center, web chat, email, and phone support
- Offers: wise guarantee the rate you see is the rate you will pay for 24-48 hours
- Send by: Debit and credit card (fees apply), Bank transfer, Apple pay
- Receive by: Bank account, Wise wallet (there is no cash pick up)
- Security: it is Licensed and regulated in all countries they operate.
#5. Currency fair:
currency fair allows you to send and receive money in over 22 currencies to and from 150+ countries. Same-day transfers in most major currencies are available from a reliable and secure source that is fully licensed and regulated at rates up to eight times lower than banks.
In 2010, it was launched. First, a peer-to-peer marketplace. They’ve handled over $14 billion in transfers at competitive rates and with secure transactions. Regrettably, it is not available in the United States.
- Minimum: is 8 Euros or equivalent)
- Maximum: there is no maximum amount.
- Support: Mainly handled through email or chatbot
- Offers: New clients get their first 10 transfers free
- Send by: Bank transfer, Debit card (Europe only)
- Receive by: Bank account only (there is no cash pick up option)
- Security: it is Regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)
Does Zelle work in France?
No, Zelle can only be used to send money to people in the United States who have a bank account. However, you can send money to an international recipient via wire transfer by visiting a local US Bank branch. Unfortunately, Zelle is not currently available in other countries, so you will be unable to use the payment app’s feature.
Is Venmo available in France?
Venmo is currently available only in the United States. If you attempt to sign in a while from other countries, you will most likely receive an error message.
Venmo does not support international transactions, and the app is only available to residents of the United States.
If you find this article helpful, let’s have your view in the comment section, and if you have any further questions, we are here to help you out.
My name is Precious Ejiofor, I am a professional self motivated, dependable writer and editor, with over 4 year of experience in writing for variety of business and platforms. I am able and capable to write on any kind of topic.
Specifically, I focus on producing persuasive and compelling contents that is thoughtful, prominent, and engaging.