A business debit card is a payment method for a company to transfer funds from its own bank account. There are so many options out there with different features and perks that it can be difficult to pick the best one, especially when you’re not sure what your business needs are.
That’s why we’ve narrowed down our top 10 picks for businesses of all sizes to help you find the perfect card.
What is a Prepaid Business Debit Card?
A prepaid business debit card is a type of debit card, which draw funds for payments straight from a linked business checking account, a prepaid business debit card needs you to preload money onto the card in order to use it.
Banks, credit card companies, and other financial service firms all provide prepaid business debit cards.
These cards normally don’t require a credit check, come with digital features to help you manage your finances, and have low fees. Most organizations charge a monthly fee for card services, which can range from $0 to over $100 per month for more features or enterprise solutions.
What is a Visa Business Debit Card?
Visa Debit cards will be available to Personal and Business current account customers in the Republic of Ireland. The new Visa Business Debit card allows you to access money from your Business Current Account wherever you are in the world: in shops, at ATMs and online, wherever you see the Visa logo displayed.
Visa Business Debit offers you more benefits, greater convenience and more security and protection.
Benefits for you:
- Mobile payments are now available: You can make quick, easy and contactless payments using your phone/ devices. Click here to find out more about Apple Pay and click here for Google Pay.
- Control your cards at your fingertips: We’ve introduced new features to Banking 365 for your debit card. You can freeze and unfreeze your card, order a replacement and much more. See all our new card features here.
- Greater worldwide acceptance
- Wider online acceptance
- Greater convenience when you shop
- 3D Secure – great security online
- Greater customer protection
- Contactless payments
List of the 10 Best Prepaid Business Debit Card
There are a few different types of business debit cards, but the best one for your business will depend on your needs.
1. Bento for Business Debit Card
Best overall prepaid business card.
- There are no setup, debit, or domestic transaction fees.
- There is no requirement for a credit check.
- Plans for up to ten cards start at $29 per month. A 60-day free trial is included.
- Prepaid business debit cards are available in both physical and virtual forms.
- Integrates with QuickBooks and Xero, two prominent accounting software platforms.
2. Dash Prepaid Mastercard
Best for Prepaid debit cards with no expenses
- There are no expenses for creating an infinite number of cards.
- There are no monthly, subscription, or transaction fees.
- The Dash mobile app allows you to manage your whole account.
- Employee cards can be directly funded, and employees can also request funds via the app.
3. PEX Prepaid Visa
Best for: Businesses with high monthly spending.
- On your main PEX account, there is no maximum balance.
- A 60-day free trial is available.
- When you spend more than $50,000, some plans’ monthly subscriptions are waived.
4. Emburse Prefunded Visa
Best for Remote employees and off-site contractors.
- Create and allocate virtual cards in a matter of seconds. (There are also physical cards available.)
- For companies with ten or more employees, monthly plans start at $7 per user.
- With a single click, you can turn cards on and off.
5.Netspend Prepaid Visa
- Master account fee: $9.95 (waived each month that the total value loads exceed $10,000)
- Sub-account (each additional card) monthly fee: $1.95 (maximum 9 sub-accounts)
- ATM fee: $2.50
- Foreign transaction fee: 3.5%
- No activation fee
6. Brink’s Business Expense Card
- Starter: Two cards for free (one owner card, one team card)
- Team: Up to 10 cards—$29 per month
- Professional: Up to 25 cards—$69 per month
- Enterprise: Unlimited cards—$149 per month
- 60-day free trial, then monthly charge applies
- No setup fees
- No debit fees
- No card load fees
- No domestic or international transaction fees
- No decline or overdraft fees
7. Walmart MoneyCard
The Walmart MoneyCard comes with tons of perks. When you use your card, you receive 3% cashback on Walmart.com purchases, 2% at Walmart gas stations, and 1% cashback for in-person purchases at Walmart stores, up to $75 each year.
- Cashback rewards
- Overdraft protection up to $200
- No monthly fees
8. Uphold Debit Card
- Direct conversion from your assets to USD
- Both physical and a virtual card
- Can purchase fractional equities
9. Bluebird by American Express
- Multiple free ways to add money to the card – direct deposit, mobile check deposits, transfers from a linked debit card or external bank account, and cash reloads at Walmart registers.
- Free ATM withdrawals at more than 30,000 MoneyPass® ATMs.
- Additional benefits such as check writing, purchase protection, fraud protection, and roadside assistance.
10. PayPal Prepaid Mastercard
- The card can be used wherever Mastercard or PULSE cards are accepted.
- Users can get cash back for free at retail checkouts.
- Savings account with an APY of up to 5.00% is available.
List of Banks That Issue Prepaid Business Debit Card
There are a few different banks that issue prepaid business debit cards. The most popular ones are:
1. Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is one of the banks that issue prepaid business debit cards. This type of card is convenient for businesses because it can be used to make purchases and withdraw cash.
The card can be used at any Wells Fargo ATM or at any ATM that accepts Visa. There is no credit check required to get the card, and there are no monthly fees.
Chase is one of the banks that issue prepaid business debit cards. These cards can be very helpful for businesses because they allow you to make purchases without having to carry around cash or checks. They can also be used to withdraw cash from ATMs.
3. Bank of America
The Bank of America prepaid business debit card is a great option for businesses that want to avoid the hassle and fees associated with traditional credit cards. With no annual fee and a low monthly service charge, the Bank of America prepaid business debit card is a cost-effective way to manage your business expenses.
Plus, you can use your card anywhere Visa is accepted, which makes it convenient for business travel or online shopping.
Citibank’s business debit card is a great option for those who are looking for an alternative to traditional credit cards. The card offers many of the same benefits as a credit card, such as the ability to make purchases online and in-person, but without the hassle of interest or late fees.
Additionally, the prepaid nature of the card means that you can only spend what you have loaded onto the card, making it a great way to stay within your budget.
5. US Bank
US Bank card is a great tool for small businesses that want to simplify their financial management and avoid costly overdraft fees. If you’re interested in applying for the card, be sure to visit US Bank website or contact them directly for more information.
After reading this article, you should have a good understanding of what a prepaid business debit card is and how it can benefit your business.
Prepaid cards offer a number of advantages over traditional credit cards, including the ability to help you manage your cash flow and avoid interest charges.