In this article, we will discuss how to buy stocks as a beginner in France, the best brokerage accounts for beginners in France, along with their pros, cons, and minimum fees.
People looking to invest in France have different options, ranging from buying stocks and ETFs (exchange-traded funds) to American Depository Receipts (ADRs).
- You will learn how to buy stocks as a beginner in France
- The 10 best brokerage accounts for beginners in France
- The features, pros and cons, and minimum fees of the brokerage accounts for beginners in France
- Answers to some recently asked questions on the best and cheapest brokerage for beginners in France
How to Buy Stocks as a Beginner In France
France houses the 7-largest economy globally and the 3-largest economy in the European Union. The country holds some of the largest cosmetic, luxury, insurance, airline, and energy companies.
These attributes make France one of the most attractive investment destinations globally for international investors, particularly in Europe. If you plan to buy stock in France, follow the step listed below.
Find an available online broker in France
First, people must ensure that the broker they are l looking at is available in France. Not to worry, we already listed the 10 best online brokers in France
Open an account
Opening an account at any online broker in France is straightforward and takes place online. Most of the time, people need to provide their name, address, and other needed information and maybe answer questions about their income/wealth status, financial knowledge, or trading experience.
People should ensure they have their documents at hand, as
• copies of their photo ID
• Their recent bank statements
• Their utility bills
These documents mentioned above are usually required to verify their identity and residency.
Fund their account
After the trading account has been verified, the next step is to fund or add money to the account, in other words, to deposit money that the people will use for buying stocks. Some online brokers require a minimum deposit when people open their accounts. Still, most online brokers do not have such a requirement, allowing people to take their time before committing any funds or money.
Facts are all brokers will allow people to withdraw or deposit their funds via bank transfer. Withdrawing money to their bank account can take as long as 3 days.
Many brokers also allow people to deposit funds using debit or credit cards. A few might also accept electronic wallets such as Apple Pay, PayPal, Skrill, or Neteller. The biggest benefit of e-wallets and cards is that transactions take place instantly, allowing people to start investing.
Find and buy stocks
Some people already know which stock(s) they want to buy; if not, they should check out the research section of their broker, which often includes recommendations by in-house experts or third-party analysts.
The 10 Best Brokerage Accounts for Beginners in France
Below are the 10 best brokerage account for beginners in France
1. Saxo Bank
Saxo Bank broker provides online trading and investment services for people. The broker is regulated by different financial authorities worldwide, including the Danish FSA (Financial Services Agency) and the UK’s FCA (Financial Conduct Authority).
- The broker delivers access to more than 60,000 instruments, including cryptocurrency derivatives, micro-futures, and forex options.
- The SaxoTraderGo platform includes everything that investors might need to navigate the market.
- The company offers complex order types.
- The company offers account protection features to manage risk seamlessly.
- The company publishes its average spread data by order size.
- favorable trading terms
- offers over 40 thousand instruments for trading
- Cent accounts are not available.
- High minimum deposit
- Access to the MT4 and MT5 terminals is not available
- People cannot contact support in the online chat on the website.
Minimum deposit: From $10.000 and more
2. CMC Markets
CMC Markets is a worldwide forex and CFD broker established in 1989. The company is regulated by different authorities globally, including the top-tier UK FCA (Financial Conduct Authority). The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- The company is publicly traded and regulated in four tier-1 and two tier-2 jurisdictions.
- A low-cost leader with measurably lower trading costs compared to the industry.
- Competitive pricing for active traders
- The company’s Next Generation platform features a massive selection of more than 12,000 tradeable instruments.
- Low forex fees
- Great mobile platforms
- Great web
- Advanced educational and research tools
- High stock CFD fees
- Only CFDs are available
- Customer supports are not available 24/7
Minimum deposit: $0
XTB is a CFD broker that was established in 2002. The broker is regulated by several financial authorities, including the top-tier UK FCA (Financial Conduct Authority). In addition, the company is listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange and is required to disclose its financials regularly.
- The company is publicly traded and regulated in one tier-1 jurisdiction.
- The company’s xStation platform suite provides great usability alongside a robust selection of features and trading tools.
- The company offers an excellent variety of extensive written content and educational videos and more than 200 lessons via its Trading Academy.
- Offers low forex CFD fees, commission-free stocks, and ETFs for some
- Fast and free deposit/withdrawal
- Easy account opening
- Product portfolio limited to CFDs
- Inactivity fee charged
eToro broker offers a cryptocurrency exchange with trading in 65 cryptos and an online brokerage platform with access to a limited selection of ETFs and stocks. eToro offers a transparent fee structure, but if you are looking for a good-priced cryptocurrency exchange, beware that eToro charges high trading fees.
- The platform is regulated in two tier-1 jurisdictions and one tier-2 jurisdiction.
- The platform is excellent for cryptocurrency trading and social copy trading.
- The platform continues to expand its available range of markets as a multi-asset broker with more than 3,000 symbols available.
- The broker offers access to over 30 cryptocurrencies.
- Offers a low minimum to fund an account and start investing.
- Ability to match the moves of popular traders.
Service is not available in all states.
Minimum deposits: $10 – $200
AvaTrade broker is a trusted global brand known for offering a wide selection of trading platforms for CFD and forex traders and educational content that helped it nab a Best-in-Class rating for Beginners.
- The broker is regulated in three tier-1 jurisdictions and three tier-2 jurisdictions.
- Alongside MetaTrader, the broker offers its proprietary platforms, AvaTradeGO and AvaTrade WebTrader, with innovative features.
- The AvaOptions app provides AvaTrade clients with an excellent forex option mobile platform.
- The broker offers 44 forex options and more than 1,200 CFDs.
- Fast and easy account opening
- Free deposit/withdrawal options
- Offers great research tools
- Only forex, CFDs, and cryptos offered
- Inactivity fees are high
- Average forex fees
Minimum deposits: $100
FXCM broker is a broker offering CFD trading on stock indices, shares, forex, commodities, and cryptos. The company was established in 1999, and the company’s majority owner is the Jefferies Financial Group.
The company is regulated by top-tier financial authorities like the UK’s FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) and the ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission).
The company is also regulated by the CySEC (Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission) and South Africa’s FSCA (Financial Sector Conduct Authority).
- The broker is regulated in three tier-1 jurisdictions.
- The broker earned Best in Class for its Platforms and Tools, Algorithmic Trading, Education, Professional Trading, and Social Copy Trading.
The broker publishes detailed monthly execution reports
- Offers a wide range of the popular trade tools
- Reputable and reliable regulator
- Minimum deposit is $50.
- No trust management and no PAMM accounts
- No incentives or bonuses offered to users.
Minimum deposit: $50
7. Admiral Markets
The Admiral Markets company was established in 2001. The broker’s activities are licensed by the ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission). The broker operates in over 40 countries with a cash cycle of almost USD 40 billion.
- MetaTrader-only brokers offer a few supplemental platform features.
- Offers StereoTrader dashboard for MetaTrader
- Supreme suite of custom indicators.
- Outstanding educational content
- Good quality service.
- legal defense indisputable situation.
- Teach-and-learn capability with numerous materials easily understandable for the new traders;
- Perfect withdrawal system.
- re-quotes with asset prices;
- some regulators of activity.
- manual dealing in the cash withdrawal process of the amounts more than the merchant initially left on deposit
minimum deposit: $1
BlackBull Markets broker is a global forex broker established in 2014. The firm is regulated by the FMA (Financial Markets Authority of New Zealand) and the FSA (Financial Services Authority of Seychelles). The broker is considered safe because New Zealand’s top-tier FMA regulates it.
- The platform provides the full MetaTrader suite (MT4 & MT5).
- The broker supports multiple 3rd-party copy trading platforms.
- Integration with the TradingView web platform was made available.
- Low CFD and forex fees
- User-friendly and fast account opening
- Offers great educational tools
- Withdrawal fee
- The platform has limited research tools
- High minimum deposit for Prime Accounts
Minimum deposit: $2000
9. Legacy FX
LegacyFX broker is an international broker that was established in 2017. The brokerage firm cooperates with beginners and professional traders, and its clients can trade indices, currencies, metals, and many other assets.
The broker offers independent trading and opportunities to invest, automated trading programs, and trading signals.
- Availability of MetaTrader 5.
- Regulated in Cyprus.
- Good variety of videos for educational and research purposes.
- Offers a wide range of educational materials of varying difficulty levels.
- A convenient way to conduct financial transactions.
- Availability of trading signals, investment programs, and other auxiliary tools.
- The platform uses segregated accounts to store clients’ money.
- Protects against a negative balance.
- High minimum deposit.
- Customer service is closed at night and on weekends.
- Stock trading is not available to Bronze and Standard account holders.
- Minimum deposit: $500
Vantage broker is an Australia-based global CFD and forex broker. The platform was founded in 2009 and is regulated by the ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission), the UK’s FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), and the VFSC (Vanuatu Financial Services Commission).
A top-tier authority’s regulation is a good sign for Vantage’s safety.
- The broker maintains regulatory status in two tier-1 jurisdictions and one tier-3 jurisdiction
- fully integrating the TradingView platform into the MetaTrader suite.
- Offers Smart Trader add-ons for MetaTrader
- Best MetaTrader Brokers and the Best Copy Trading Brokers
- Offers Low fees
- Super-fast account opening
- Seamless deposit/withdrawal
- Product selection is limited
- Poor customer service
- Investor protection only available in the UK
Minimum deposit: 200
Some crypto investors look at their investments as a source of income, while others use them to preserve or grow their wealth. People should consider financial goals when choosing a broker and ensure it can accommodate their objectives.
People should pay close attention to fees and commissions, especially for the most important markets. People should also consider the technology the brokerage offers and if it fits their investing style, whether they are long-term investors or active traders.
Which broker should I use as a beginner?
XTB is the best broker for beginners in France. The platform offers Low forex fees and great web and mobile platforms.
What is the cheapest broker?
XTB is one of the cheapest brokers you can find in France
Which broker account is best?
eToro, XTB, and Saxo Bank are among the brokers that have the best account in France
Which broker is best for brokerage?
CMC Markets is a global forex and CFD broker regulated by different authorities, including the top-tier UK FCA (Financial Conduct Authority).
How many shares should I buy as a beginner?
Most crypto experts tell beginners that if they invest in individual stocks, they should try to have 10 to 15 different stocks in their portfolio to diversify their holdings properly.
You can learn more from the video below: